Bangor Pier or Garth Pier was designed by J. Webster to be constructed of a wooden deck on cast iron columns and was opened on 14th May 1896.
The pier was the place to visit, steamers from Liverpool, Blackpool and Douglas transported tourists to marvel this new 470ft pier.
In 1971 the pier was closed due its decline and at one point looked to be demolished but was rescued. restored and re-opened to the public in 1988.
Bangor pier is regarded to be one the finest of the three remaining grade II listed piers in the Britain.